What is Globaloria?
- Globaloria is a computer based program that engages students in critical computing.
- Globaloria designs courses to engage a broad range of students, especially women and minorities, at an early age.
What is the mission on Globaloria at FMC?
- Student Engagement- Learning is fun, but textbooks and lectures can be boring. Deep engagement with learning happens when students feel passion and ownership over their learning experience.
- Teacher Empowerment- Globaloria aims to empower educators by enhancing their 21st- century capabilities and STEM learning and teaching opportunities.
- Opportunity Creation- STEM-related fields will soon account for nearly 8 million U.S. jobs. Preparing our students for these opportunities is critical to their success, and to the well being of our society.
How is Globaloria being taught at FMC?
•Application- C.O.W. (Computers on Wheels)
•Creating classroom Makequest games
•Hands on social learning